Information posted in your ad is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in the United States. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in the United States. We collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information.
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site and ad data (all through cookies - you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site)
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use personal information to:
- provide our services
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- encourage safe trading and enforce our policies
- customize users' experience, measure interest in our services, and inform users about services and updates
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to you
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information
We don't sell or rent users' personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other's rights, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. We may also share personal information with service providers who help with our business operations.
Using Information from Our Site
You may use personal information gathered from Our Site only to follow up with another user about a specific posting, not to send spam or collect personal information from someone who hasn't agreed to that.
Access, Modification, and Deletion
You can see, modify or erase your personal information by reviewing your posting or My Ads page. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies, and prevent bad guys from coming back.
We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing's perfect, so we make no guarantees.
We may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or after 30 days, whichever is sooner.